Tuesday, November 24, 2020

21st Century Tokyo: A Guide to Contemporary Architecture by Julian Worrall, Erez Golani Solomon, Joshua Lieberman

It's like a trip to Tokyo in black and white and without the long flight. In this COVID world it's wonderful to look at the late architecture of the city that is Tokyo. Some buildings I have seen - and admired - and others I wish I had found the time to visit.

The level of the architectural descriptions is just right - simple enough to get the concepts across to non-architects, but with enough details and explanation to reveal why the building carries some importance.

It's also great because it doesn't stick to the great big buildings like Tokyo Metropolitan Hall or Tokyo International Forum. It looks at small, interesting buildings across the city -- ones I hope to see on my next trip.

Who knows, maybe I can come home with a Muji house.

No comments:

Post a Comment